Friday, January 29, 2010

Salinger



JD Salinger died on Wednesday. I don't know much about him but that one of his books, from which this blog takes it's name, inspired me to pursue a higher level of excellence. At a tough time in my life it provided me with clarity, and reminder that the discovery of personal truth is the value I derive from my work.
When Mike told me the news I was surprised at the depth of my reaction. Although I did little to cultivate a place for the author, the little exposure I have had with his work has had a lasting effect on the way I perceive - a fitting nod to his greatness.

NY TIMES

Here's a lengthy explanation of what his writing did for me.

4 comments:

Michael Mercer said...

Hi Jason! Wow it's been awhile! Jake, Anthony, and I have discussed on several occasions what you're up to and where you're headed in life. We all admire your work and think you've got potential far beyond the ordinary. I read your lengthy explanation and it was great! I do admit I have wondered what the heck you were thinking when you named your blog--I thought it was a joke. But the explanation explains it clearly. Anyway, hope all is well!

RAWLS said...

Yo J! I have such mixed emotions about this post. On one side, it makes me want to read this book, but it also makes me wonder, 'where's the art?', as I haven't seen you post anything in a while!

nick sung said...

it was a sad passing, jay. f&z did similar things for me, as you know. many of his other short stories explore his feelings about the creative life, and i think they're totally worth it. check em out dude.

hope all is well!

AMIN said...

very nice works
:)